Do you feel sore after sitting for the majority of your work day?
Have you tried stretching to take pressure off your back?
Incorporating a few simple stretches in your daily routine can reduce back pain.
- Passive Backbend: This pose is great for relieving tension. Working this stretch into your daily routine can increase back flexibility, reduce tension, and improve your posture!
- Place a rolled-up blanket or pillow under your upper back on the floor and lie down.
- Recline back, using your hands for support, until your upper back has rested on the prop.
- Reach your arms over your head towards the floor while straightening your legs to the floor. Your head should barely touch the ground.
- Hold and relax into this posture.
- Seated Twist: Twists are a great way to release the mid back and improve flexibility.
- While twisting, keep the spine long by sitting up straight. The twisting stretch is meant to elongate the spine.
- Hold the stretch for three to five breaths.
- Repeat as needed.
If you want to learn more stretches to alleviate middle back pain click here!
Stretch to Relieve Your Middle Back Pain in Ann Arbor
Working stretches into your daily routine is a healthy way to reduce your middle back pain in Ann Arbor. Contact us at 734-221-0362 for a free consultation with our specific correction chiropractor.