Here are our ergonomic tips to improve your spinal health:
- Choose a chair that supports your spinal curves. Adjust the height so your feet rest flat on the floor or on a footrest.
- Keep items like your phone, printed materials, pens etc., close to your body to minimize reaching. Stand to reach for anything that’s too far away instead of straining your muscles.
- Keep your mouse within easy reach and on the same surface as your keyboard. When typing, keep your wrists straight, and your hands at or slightly below the level of your elbows.
- Do you often talk on the phone while typing? Instead of cradling your phone between your head and neck which can cause strain, use a headset, or utilize the speakerphone function.
- Keep your monitor directly in front of you and about an arm’s length away. The top of the monitor should be at or slightly below eye level.
See a Chiropractor in Ann Arbor to Relieve Pain from Poor Posture
To further improve your health, make sure you don’t sit at your desk for hours. At least once per hour, you should get up and walk around, or do some stretching. Try to go for a walk if you’re able or find an off-screen task to keep your eyes fresh.
If you must sit for most of your workday, we know getting relief isn’t easy. You can’t just quit your job, and sometimes it can be difficult to find the time to stretch, take a break, or exercise.
Regular visits to the chiropractor can help correct many of the problems caused by excessive sitting and poor workspace ergonomics. Make time to schedule a complimentary consultation to see if a chiropractor in Ann Arbor can help. Contact Dr. Gessert today to get started!